The overall mission of Lyric Fest is to bring people together through the shared experience of song by offering to diverse audiences lively, theme-oriented voice recitals designed to edify, educate, stimulate dialogue, and foster community.
We strive to re-invigorate the song recital by means of:
- Creating imaginative thematic programs in which we use the spoken word both to provide a context and historical background to the songs we perform, and also to foster a feeling of connectedness to our audiences.
- Commissioning new songs for a new age, both to keep the art of the song recital alive and to connect more relevantly to today’s audiences.
- Featuring multiple regionally-based singers of national and international stature on each program.
- Presenting a high level of artistry in the context of an intimate, informative and accessible atmosphere.
- Collaborating frequently with guest narrators, dancers, actors, choral ensembles, and other artists.
- Reaching the art song aficionado and the newcomer to song alike, including youth and families. In this light, we frequently program a children’s concert and offer affordable and subsidized tickets to underserved families in Philadelphia.