It’s Things I do not have in common with Edgar Allan Poe – Day.
- I did not publish a book of poetry by age 18.
- I do not keep an exhaustive scrapbook of nearly all the far-flung bits of knowledge I have acquired.
- I never dropped out of college, or been kicked out of West Point.
- I have no unpaid gambling debts.
- Walt Whitman will not attend my funeral. I don’t think.
But there are a few things we do share. I do partake of the occasional glass of wine or two, and I do enjoy reading poetry aloud. And so here I am, channeling my inner EAP, the elocutionist, in a reading of his expansive “Serenade,” one of the poems set to music on our upcoming concert.
THE RAVEN – A Poe Fest
- Saturday, November 7, 2015, 8:00pm at Dumbarton Concerts, Washington, DC
- Sunday, November 8, 2015, 3:00pm at The Academy of Vocal Arts, 1920 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA